Music Director, Morganton, N.C.
Hopewell Baptist Church of Morganton, N.C. is seeking a Music Director.
The Music Director shall be under the direct supervision of the Pastor. The Music Director shall
be responsible for the music ministry of HBC2
and will support the Pastor in the overall church
ministry. The Music Director will direct the music activities and will provide overall leadership,
teaching, training as required to insure the glorification of God through music. The Music
Director has the ability to read music and shall lead in practice, performance of the adult vocal
choir, age-graded vocal, bell choirs, the congregation during worship and other services and
shall be responsible for planning and implementing new and continuing music programs as
deemed necessary by the church. The Music Director will also secure music, arrange for repairs
and upkeep of equipment where necessary and will ultimately be responsible for the music
department budget. The Music Director will be responsible for preparing performance media
slides within the presentation software used in worship for each service.
1. Adult Music Ministry
a. Select music, conduct rehearsals and training sessions
b. Maintain music library (printed materials, inventory, CD’s and other recorded
c. Secure music in accordance with established procedures and budgetary approval
d. Enlist volunteers as needed.
e. Prepare slides that are used for the music ministry for each service.*
f. Able to use a computer for communication and other means for ministry.*
g. Ability to read music
h. Coordinates with Media Service Team
2. Children and Youth Music Ministry
a. Establish music program consistent with the Southern Baptist Convention grading
b. Select music, conduct rehearsals and training sessions
c. Procure music in accordance with established procedures and budgetary approval
d. Enlist volunteers as needed
3. Congregational Music Ministry
a. Select and direct congregational hymns
b. Strive to involve the church in the total music ministry where appropriate.
1. Responsible for providing music information to be included in each church bulletin.
2. Responsible for providing articles for the church newsletter.
3. Responsible for promoting the music program through the media as deemed
It is understood that any where that HBC appears it means Hopewell Baptist Church, Inc.
1. Funerals: Be available upon request to provide music for funerals of members of HBC,
Inc. and their families.
2. Associational Meetings: Be available upon request to provide music for local
associational meetings being held at HBC, Inc.
3. Weddings: Be available upon request to provide music for weddings of members of
HBC, Inc. and their families.
1. The Music Director shall be in attendance at all regularly scheduled church services
including but not limited to, business sessions, Sunday morning worship, Sunday and
Wednesday evening services, revival services, special holiday services and others as
requested by the Pastor.
2. Attend staff meetings, church council meetings, annual leadership planning retreat and
others when requested by the Pastor.
3. Attend conferences, conventions, seminaries, associational meetings and other training
sessions as requested and approved by the Pastor.
4. Related duties in discharging the overall responsibilities of the Music Director as they
relate to any of the above.
5. Will supervise musicians.
Interested parties may send resumes to: HBCsecretary2016@gmail.com